Connect with us

Florida State Seminoles

2019 JUCO OT Jay Williams trending toward Longhorns?

There’s going to be a lot of new faces on the offensive line next year, so Texas football recruiting needs to add some pieces in the 2019 class.

The offensive line is going to have a lot of roster turnover next year for the Texas Longhorns with so many seniors set to run out of eligibility after this season. That means the 2019 Texas football recruiting class could use some instant impact offensive linemen to provide a much needed boost. Some of the offensive line commits for the 2019 Texas football recruiting class now are talented, but could take some time to develop.

If the Texas Longhorns can target one or two JUCO prospects and/or graduate transfers, the offensive line could have some players added that are ready to hold a significant role. An option for the Texas football recruiting class to add is a 2019 JUCO offensive tackle that is trending up right now. Three-star Grossmont College lineman Jay Williams could be that answer for the Horns.

Williams doesn’t have the highest recruiting ranking among 2019 JUCO prospects, but the offers he’s starting to pick up are very indicative of how he fits at the Power Five level. He’s got more than 20 offers. Some of those offers came from big time programs like the Horns, Florida State Seminoles, and UCF Knights.

Moreover, Williams is getting looks from other big programs around the Big 12 like the Oklahoma Sooners and Oklahoma State Cowboys. If he lands anywhere in the Big 12, though, it’s likely to be with the 2019 Texas football recruiting class. According to the 247Sports Crystal Ball Predictions, Williams has an 80 percent chance to commit to Florida State with the remaining 20 percent going to Texas.

Williams recently took a visit to the Forty Acres, on Dec. 7, and has his visit with Florida State lined up for Dec. 14. This is a very busy time for him since he has a set decision date on the first day of the Early Signing Period on Dec. 19 at Grossmont College.

This 2019 Texas football recruiting class currently has to offensive tackle commits. Both are four-star high school prospects. Texas doesn’t have any commits along the offensive line outside of the tackle position. Adding to that position could still be valuable, though. Texas can use as much depth along the offensive line as it can get.

Next: 5 underrated 2019 prospects for the Longhorns to pursue

If Texas lands Williams, it will be getting the No. 8 ranked JUCO offensive tackle in the nation and the 64th best prospect overall. He would be one of the lower rated commits in this class, but also one of the few that would be more ready to make an instant impact. This could be a big pick up for the Horns to start off the Early Signing Period.

 

Source Link

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement
Advertisement

More in Florida State Seminoles