The Seminoles won back again-to-back again online games towards Maine this afternoon and now lead the collection, 3-. In the to start with sport of the double header, the ’Noles raked in 16 runs defeating the Black Bears, 16-3. The Seminoles next sport was not as thriving relying on a 7th inning rally to beat Maine, 6-5. Mentor Martin is now only 10 victories absent from 2,000 profession wins. Florida Point out will look to complete their 4-sport sweep of the Black Bears one additional time tomorrow at 1 pm and ideally put Martin one move closer to 2,000.
- In the to start with sport of the doubleheader, the two teams left 14 runners stranded. The Seminoles’ offense proved remarkable by plating 16 runs to Maine’s three. Of the 16 runs scored only three arrived by means of the homerun exhibiting the Seminoles’ means to manufacture runs in a multitude of means.
- Following Maine took a 5-2 lead about the Seminoles in the next sport, junior pitcher Clayton Kwiatkowski and Sophomore Tyler Ahearn pitched 3.1 great innings letting the offense a possibility to make the comeback. When Ahearn struggled with consistency past time, tonight he arrived in clutch tonight for the Seminoles retiring the facet in the 7th inning relying on a mid-90s fastball, striking out two of the three. In the publish-sport press conference, Reese Albert credited Ahern for firing up the group with his sucessful to start with and closing inning.
- Florida State’s freshman confirmed how they reply to adversity by completing a 7th inning comeback. Following Elijah Cabell walked in the to start with-at-bat of the inning, Freshman Robby Martin doubled to center industry letting Cabell to make it house and tying the sport up, 5-5. J.C. Flowers state-of-the-art to third on a balk after coming into the sport to pinch operate for Martin. Flowers scored on a sac-fly by Matheu Nelson. The center fielder and left fielder collided on the catch, but Flowers possible would have scored if the catch was clean. The Seminoles comeback was complete and they beat Maine, 6-5.
- In spite of results on the scoreboard, one of the reasons why the Seminoles left so many runners stranded was simply because of their inefficiencies when it arrived to bunting. In the publish-sport press conference mentor Mike Martin explicitly said his group will boost at bunting. This arrives after Florida Point out did not execute on numerous sac-bunts.
- The next sport of the double header, pitcher Austin Pollock had a rough to start with begin to the time. The southpaw struggled on the mound giving up a grand slam and letting Maine to just take a 5-2 lead in the 4th inning. Following taking part in only 3.2 innings, Pollock was changed by Clayton Kwiatkowski. This was not suitable taking into consideration the Seminoles’ next sport only consisted of 7 innings.
- One particular of the Seminoles’ premiere skills, Drew Mendoza went -6 with 3 K’s in two blended online games on Saturday. His struggles will possible not persist, having said that its fairly alarming to witness younger players looking at the ball superior than Mendoza at this stage.
Verify out mentor what mentor Martin had to say about the online games under:
Seminoles FSU Baseball Head Mentor Mike Martin publish-doubleheader media availability
Posted by TomahawkNation.com on Saturday, February 16, 2019