The No. 11 Florida State Seminoles (11-) stay excellent immediately after finishing the comeback Wednesday evening beating the North Florida Ospreys, 4-3. Florida State is just one of only 4 remaining undefeated teams (Arizona State, NC State, and Tennessee).
- The bullpen was required (fully much too) early and all 4 relievers put on a clearly show, throwing 8.2 scoreless innings. LHP Jonah Scolaro, RHP Conor Grady, LHP Clayton Kwiatkowski, and RHP Chase Haney allowed just 4 hits without having going for walks a batter, while striking out 7 Ospreys. Scolaro commenced off by acquiring FSU out of a bases-loaded, 1-out jam in the 1st. Grady followed allowing just one strike and striking out 4 more than two innings. Kwiatkowski allowed two hits in the 6th, but finished off strong with a excellent 7th striking out two. Haney (1-) finished off the evening allowing just 1 strike more than the eighth and the ninth innings and picked up the his 1st get because a reduction victory vs. Cal-State Fullerton in the 2017 Higher education Planet Sequence. This time, FSU’s bullpen is 6- with a 1.01 attained operate average in 53.2 innings pitched (6 ER). The relievers have a 55-to-15 strikeout-to-wander ratio and have surrendered just 22 hits.
- Freshmen come up huge at the dish, driving in all 4. In the base of the 7th, Fr. OF Elijah Cabell strike a 2-operate homer to tie the recreation. Fr. Nander De Sedas also drove in two, like his recreation-successful, wander-off double. The freshmen carry on to step up when it issues most.
- The Seminoles performed error-absolutely free for their 4-straight recreation. By 11 games this time, FSU has committed just two problems and leads the country in fielding percentage (.995).
- Jr. LHP Antonio Velez was given his 1st probability to start at FSU. To say it did not go very well would be an understatement. The Jr. southpaw’s ultimate line in his bid for the mid-7 days part: .1 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 1 K.
- The Seminoles struck out 17 situations Wednesday evening. They achieved base 11 situations via BB/HBP, but 17 K is totally unacceptable, and it is why the ’Noles had been only ready to score 4 runs—you have to get productive outs evening in and evening out. Sr. 2B Mike Salvatore was the only frequent who did not strike out on the evening, and he also walked twice, which was half of his time full (4) in 10 games getting into tonight. All those are beneficial indications from a participant who’s struggled considerably in his leadoff part.
- The most important perpetrator guiding the strikeout full was Fr. OF Robby Martin. Now, I’ll preface this by expressing Martin’s been FSU’s very best hitter on the youthful time and just one of the very best nationally. But you’d like to see more from your No. 5 hitter on a evening when the offense is battling to create operates. Baseball is difficult at times.
FSU baseball coach Mike Martin media availability
Posted by TomahawkNation.com on Wednesday, March 6, 2019
The Seminoles return to the subject on Friday at 6 PM to face Virginia Tech in the 1st recreation of the 3-recreation collection.