Pitchers Drew Parrish, Conor Grady, and Chase Haney started Mike Martin’s ultimate year allowing no hits in an 11- thrashing of Maine. It was the initially opening working day no-hitter ever for the Seminoles and just the 10th no-no in method historical past. Parrish went 5 innings, allowing just a person stroll, even though putting out 5. He was replaced by Grady who went 3, ahead of offering way to Haney for the ultimate body.
How’s this for an omen: Chris Chavez, the very last FSU pitcher to toss a solo no-hitter, was in FSU’s dugout ahead of the sport.
— Tim Linafelt / FSU (@Tim_Linafelt) February 16, 2019
- Youthful gamers arrived to bat huge in the year opener. Freshman DH Robby Martin created a big impact throughout his Florida State debut, likely 3-4 with 5 RBI. In the write-up-sport push conference Coach Mike Martin pointed out his method to coaching Robby’s batting and reported, “When I initially saw him strike, I reported ‘I really do not know,’ but then the 2nd time I informed myself, ‘keep your mouth shut,’ and that is what I’ve done—that’s a good baseball player.”
- The prime of the get established the tone for FSU offensively, likely 6-12 with 7 runs and 4 RBI, even though incorporating two BB’s and a HBP. Sophomore OF Reese Albert strike the season’s initially home operate in the 3rd, a solo blast to suitable industry. He finished the evening with 3 RBI.
- Freshman cleanup hitter Elijah Cabell had a tough opening evening, likely -3 with 3 K’s. In the write-up-sport push conference Coach Martin reported that “Cabell was struggling a bit throughout his initially at bat and it carried above into the rest of the sport. Elijah was just going through the initially time taking part in in our ballpark in front of the best fans of all of school baseball. He has almost certainly not struck out a few times in a sport in several several moons.” Cabell did, even so, achieve base 2 times through HBP and included 2 SB.
- In what would be FSU’s ultimate sport very last year, Mike Martin and the coaching team created a choice to set Drew Parrish back on the mound soon after he sat threw a two-hour rain delay. Even though there was no rain delay Friday evening, the team still could have managed the reduction pitching considerably far better. Martin reported soon after the sport he didn’t want to set an huge amount of money of pressure on some of the younger gamers that didn’t start, and he went on to say he planned to set some of them in “after we allowed the initially strike.” That moment, definitely, under no circumstances arrived. Nevertheless, FSU baseball has a historical past of struggling to find (multiple) responsible arms in the bullpen, so it didn’t make perception to use Grady for 3 innings in a year-opening blowout.
- Even with scoring 11 runs, the Seminoles could have had more, as they left 8 runners stranded (7 K’s vs. 2 BB’s is not a promising ratio). Guaranteed, it is Opening Working day, but, eventually, this could be a thing that helps make or breaks this FSU squad. Even so, it is fairly great that in his very last opener, 11’s staff scored 11 runs.
FSU Baseball Head Coach Mike Martin write-up-sport media availability
Posted by TomahawkNation.com on Friday, February 15, 2019