Think you can do better than the product that the Florida State football team put on the field last year? Well here’s your chance to be a part of the program, as the Seminoles have issued the following press release informing students how they can take steps to wear the garnet and gold:
Walk-On Tryouts Scheduled
Current, full-time students can try out for the FSU football team next week
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The Florida State football program is holding walk-on tryouts Thursday, Jan. 10, for all current full-time FSU students.
In order to participate, students must be enrolled in at least 12 hours at Florida State, be a certified qualifier with the NCAA, have proof of insurance and have a clear physical in the last 12 months. Anyone interested is required to attend a meeting at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 9, in the team room on the second floor of the Moore Athletic Center. The tryout will take place the next day at 5 p.m. in the Indoor Practice Facility.
Below is a complete checklist of requirements for tryouts. For more information, please contact Bob LaCivita at 850-645-7933.
Wednesday, Jan. 9th, 5 p.m. Moore Center Team Room
Walk-on tryout meeting – All paperwork due
Non-Transfers (Only Attended FSU)
· Certified qualifier by the NCAA Eligibility Center. More information is available at EligiblityCenter.org
· Proof of insurance
· Physical within the last 12 months. University policy requires the physical to include:
o Cardiac clearance (EKG over-read by a physician or echocardiogram if EKG is abnormal)
o Lab work. A complete blood count (CBC) as well as Sickle Cell Trait screening
o Health History Form
o Basic physical exam form
If potential student-athletes go through FSU Health Services for their physical, it is by appointment only and there is a cost involved. Call 850-644-4567 and ask for a first-year athletic Pre-participation exam. Appointments are available now. If choosing to use an outside medical facility physical, ALL information must be included. See health history and physical forms for physicians. Students will not be allowed to participate with missing or pending results.
· Admitted and enrolled full-time (at least 12 hours) at Florida State University
· Practices are conducted in the mornings. Potential student-athletes must arrange for classes that begin no earlier than 12:30 p.m.
Transfers (Attended Another Institution At Any Point)
· Require all the same information as non-transfers and will necessitate additional analysis to determine eligibility
· Anyone who graduated from high school prior to 2015 will have their 5-year eligibility clock reviewed further
· If you have questions about your eligibility as a transfer, contact Tasha Fisher at 850-644-4272
Thursday, Jan. 10th, 5 p.m. Indoor Practice Facility
· All participants must be approved through compliance prior to tryout
· Cleats required