The national media were being viewing the Seminoles cling with Duke— FSU is up two spots in both of those the AP and Coaches Polls, now at No. 11. in each.
It was an additional busy week for rated basketball groups. Very well, possibly not the maximum rated groups: no prime-10 squad experienced a reduction in the past week, so be expecting points to stay really unchanged among the the elite.
However, at the rear of that — and in the section of the polls that truly impacts No. 13 Florida Point out — there was a ton of motion that could impact the Seminoles’ new place. FSU, of system, went 1-1 past week, defending its residence courtroom versus Miami and then dropping a past-2nd thriller to No. 1 Duke in Tallahassee. It was surely a respectable week for the ’Noles.
A great deal of other rated groups can not declare the exact. Let’s go through the listing of rated groups that dropped contests to unranked foes:
- No. 11 Auburn missing to Ole Miss out on.
- No. 12 North Carolina bought hammered, at residence, by Louisville it was the worst UNC residence reduction underneath Roy Williams.
- No. 14 Mississippi Point out isn’t passing FSU. The Bulldogs dropped two games to unranked opponents (South Carolina and Ole Miss out on).
- No. 16 Ohio Point out didn’t fare any greater, also dropping two times to unranked squads (Rutgers and Iowa).
- No. 17 Houston arrived up small for the to start with time this period, versus Temple.
- No 20 Iowa Point out was vanquished two times, by Baylor and Kansas Point out.
- No. 22 Indiana couldn’t get it completed versus Maryland.
- And No. 24 St. John’s closes out the listing as the fourth rated crew to go -2 versus unranked challengers past week, dropping to Villanova and DePaul.
So really don’t be expecting considerably of a tumble for the Seminoles— as you can see, much more than 50 percent of the groups rated 11-24 experienced even worse months.
As for what we do know: as of Sunday night, the ’Noles were being rated No. 19 for every KenPom and No. 26 in the NCAA’s Net Rankings. Be certain to verify back, as we’ll update this piece as the new polls are released.