TALLAHASSEE — Florida State continues preparations for No. 20 Boston College on Wednesday morning.
Here are practice updates and observations:
– Defensive coordinator Harlon Barnett spoke at length before practice. He discussed numerous subjects with regards to his defense which has struggled mightily in recent weeks. You can read more from Barnett here, as well as watch the full video with him.
– No players spoke prior to practice.
– Starting linebacker Dontavious Jackson was not seen at practice.
– The first-team offensive line consisted of Jauan Williams, Mike Arnold, Alec Eberle, Arthur Williams, Derrick Kelly. The second-team offensive line consisted of Brady Scott, Christian Armstrong, Baveon Johnson, Jalen Goss,
– Defensive backs Hamsah Nasirildeen and Levonta Taylor were both participating on Wednesday. Nasirildeen was taking part in ‘Nole Drills. Taylor didn’t do ‘Nole Drills, but was doing work with his fellow defensive backs in position work. Barnett sounded more confident in Nasirildeen’s availability than he did in Taylor’s.
– NFL teams that were present included the Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins and Pittsburgh Steelers.
– Head coach Willie Taggart speaks on the ACC Teleconference later today. Boston College head coach Steve Addazio will also speak on the teleconference, potentially providing an update on quarterback Anthony Brown (abdominal) and running back AJ Dillon (ankle).
– Taggart will speak with local media prior to the start of Thursday’s practice. That will be his final media availability before Saturday’s game against Boston College.